How anyone removed the Lock Screen Network Icon at top left?

stripeycat

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Removing Lock Screen Network Icon at top left

Updated to this Lollipop operating system, now there's a massive EE stuck on the top left of the screen. This is the Network indicator.

Has anyone successfully removed this network indicator icon from the Lock Screen? I have tried as many options as i can think of and i cannot find the functionality anywhere.

Not rooting the handset at all, so that is not on the cards.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Removing Lock Screen Network Icon at top left

Welcome to Android Central! Which phone do you have? So far, the only phone that I know of that allows you to remove the carrier name from the status bar is the Moto X. Otherwise, if you don't want to root, you're at the mercy of the carrier.

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site

It doesn't really bother me, but it's an odd choice, especially for the Nexus line. I wonder if it's related to the N6 being sold through carriers.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Did the OP specify which phone? Is it really a Nexus 6? Or are you saying that your Nexus 6 is showing the carrier in the status bar?

vividrich

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

It doesn't really bother me, but it's an odd choice, especially for the Nexus line. I wonder if it's related to the N6 being sold through carriers.

My Nexus 5 always had AT&T in small text on the lockscreen. With the changes to the lockscreen they just moved it.

Posted from my Nexus 5 via Android Central App

daihard2008

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site

The carrier label may actually come in handy when you travel a lot. It shows you which carrier you're connected to. I remember getting connected to a few different carriers while travelling in Europe a few years ago.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

The network shows up at the upper left of the status bar on the lockscreen for Lollipop--in KitKat, the network name displayed at the bottom of the lockscreen, so they just moved where it displays. Once you unlock and get to the homescreen, it disappears for T-Mobile. I think it remains there for AT&T.

daihard2008

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site

The network shows up at the upper left of the status bar on the lockscreen for Lollipop--in KitKat, the network name displayed at the bottom of the lockscreen, so they just moved where it displays. Once you unlock and get to the homescreen, it disappears for T-Mobile. I think it remains there for AT&T.

Oh it does for AT&T? Now that's annoying, I agree. Thanks for the info.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I know this has been a complaint on many AT&T phones, but I don't know for sure if it's on all of them. I do recall an AC article describing how the Moto X is the only phone on AT&T that allows you to turn that notification off.

vividrich

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

What wallpaper is that?

Posted via the Android Central App

That's from Brionic's 'Ultimate L' icon pack. Unfortunately he got his dev account pulled because of a too-obvious iOS pack (using iOS 8 in the title not a good idea). I think he's sorta back in with Iconic Designs....

vividrich

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

I've got a persistent temperature notification so I wouldn't see it, but when I reboot there's no AT&T on the homescreen status bar. Wonder if that's the case for an AT&T-purchased N6.

Nonymous666

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

So I've been trying to figure out why my phone has been displaying "HOME" at the top of the lock screen. This thread just helped me figure it out. My carrier is Straight Talk (via AT&T), so I guess they're doing something odd. I thought maybe "HOME" had some meaning regarding my home screen.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams