Will Lollipop allow syncing with outlook (part of office 365) calendar / contacts?

gaustin007

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Lollipop will not allow syncing with outlook (part of office 365) calendar / contacts

This is now resolved, although with no thanks to Google support, who shoot from the hip in a random manner. The first support chap suggested a factory reset and then a later technician advised that the required syncing with office 365 was no longer possible.

The answer it turns out (discovered before I chucked the phone in the bin) is that the syncing of calendar and contacts with 365 if fine if you set up the relevant account as an "Exchange" account.

Graham

Original post

My Nexus 5 updated to lollipop at the weekend, as a result of which I have no calendar or contacts on my phone since it seems that under lollipop Google have done away with the ability for calendar and contact apps being able to sync with outlook (part of office 365), which I use as my primary calendar and contacts repository. Everything was fine when I was operating on kitkat. When speaking with Google support today it seems that this is a little feature of the lollipop update that seems to have passed under the radar, whilst significantly affecting what I can reasonable use my phone for.

At this stage I would love to rool back my OS so that I am back on Kitkat, but Google have advised that this cannot be done.

Any help in solving this problem would be appreciated, since having a phone that does not hold my calendar or contacts is not really a sensible way forward..​

Last edited:

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: Lollipop will not allow syncing with outlook (part of office 365) calendar / contacts

Gmail 5.0 is connected to my Corp exchange account. I'm getting full GAL integration in the Nexus 6 dialer, Gmail, Contacts, etc...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

daihard2008

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: Lollipop will not allow syncing with outlook (part of office 365) calendar / contacts

This is now resolved, although with no thanks to Google support, who shoot from the hip in a random manner. The first support chap suggested a factory reset and then a later technician advised that the required syncing with office 365 was no longer possible.

The answer it turns out (discovered before I chucked the phone in the bin) is that the syncing of calendar and contacts with 365 if fine if you set up the relevant account as an "Exchange" account.

Are there other ways to sync the Office 365 contacts and calendars with Android? I never thought twice about adding my Office 365 account as an exchange account.

gaustin007

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Can you explain how you set up the sync with your PC, since I could not work out how to achieve this and therefore hold outlook calendar / contacts on the cloud version of Outlook 365.

Thanks in advance

daihard2008

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
Can you explain how you set up the sync with your PC, since I could not work out how to achieve this and therefore hold outlook calendar / contacts on the cloud version of Outlook 365.
What's your OS? On OS X, all you have to do is add your Office 365 account to the list of Internet Accounts. It will let you choose which components (i.e. mail, calendars, contacts, etc) to sync. I'd imagine you do something very similar through Office Outlook on Windows.