Android 5.0.1

xban1

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Can we expect Android 5.0.1 around December for the Nexus product line and all the other devices that had lollipop also?
I think it's important to sort out the bugs a bit like iOS 7.0.1 and 8.0.1. Or even KitKat 4.4.1 to 4.4.4.

Posted via the Android Central App

MetalMike901

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Supposedly they are already working on that build, but who knows when it will roll out. Could be December maybe Jan.

Posted via Android Central App with my Lollipop Nexus 4 on Cricket

daihard2008

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
Can we expect Android 5.0.1 around December for the Nexus product line and all the other devices that had lollipop also?
I think it's important to sort out the bugs a bit like iOS 7.0.1 and 8.0.1. Or even KitKat 4.4.1 to 4.4.4.

Do you have any particular bug(s) that you personally want addressed in the next update? Just curious.

Brian Low

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Plenty of bugs to be fixed. For me personally it would be battery drain, stutters of the ui here and there, perhaps some antennae issues and probably WiFi connection as well, seem to be dropping WiFi very often even in my home where the router is no more than 5 feet from me.
All of this on the nexus 5.

Posted via the Android Central App

MostOSsuck

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
Why did Google see fit to integrate all the email accounts into Gmail? It is slow, clumsy and counter intuitive. To have the option of doing it would have been fine, but to be forced into it blows.

Also, the screen lock button is just like the Apple one in iPads. It almost makes me puke when I have to unlock it every frigging time I use my device. Previously, the first thing that would show up was the password unlocking keyboard, which was fine and dandy. Why the extra, stupid step to unlock it? Is anyone listening? Are the Google people using iPads and loving them? How pathetic...

Is there a way to uninstall Lollipop 5.01 and get back to something that actually makes sense?

Gooch Patrol

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
google play nexus 5 with Telstra sim since new. running 5.0 ota perfect....... so far . I agree with integration of gmail sucks and also they got rid of gallery and now just uses the photos app that I hate

anon(8208347)

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Why did Google see fit to integrate all the email accounts into Gmail? It is slow, clumsy and counter intuitive. To have the option of doing it would have been fine, but to be forced into it blows.

Also, the screen lock button is just like the Apple one in iPads. It almost makes me puke when I have to unlock it every frigging time I use my device. Previously, the first thing that would show up was the password unlocking keyboard, which was fine and dandy. Why the extra, stupid step to unlock it? Is anyone listening? Are the Google people using iPads and loving them? How pathetic...

Is there a way to uninstall Lollipop 5.01 and get back to something that actually makes sense?
Yeah I don't like having to swipe up in order to enter my pass code.

MostOSsuck

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
I haven't even explored all the new "features". Disabling the gallery sucks big time. Their photo app is for the birds. I wonder what else we are going to discover...
The extra swipe for unlocking is one of the lamest ideas so far...
They also seem to want to keep tabs on ALL of our email through Gmail.
Whatever happened to the 'do no evil' motto that they USED to have?

anon(8208347)

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
I haven't even explored all the new "features". Disabling the gallery sucks big time. Their photo app is for the birds. I wonder what else we are going to discover...
The extra swipe for unlocking is one of the lamest ideas so far...
They also seem to want to keep tabs on ALL of our email through Gmail.
Whatever happened to the 'do no evil' motto that they USED to have?
That as well, the photos app is horrid. Also auto brightness is more difficult to use.

daihard2008

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm a little surprised that a lot of people seem to be unhappy with the mail integration into GMail. Is that because of the way it's implemented? Or do you just not like the idea of having to use one application to handle multiple mail accounts? I personally like it a lot.

vividrich

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm a little surprised that a lot of people seem to be unhappy with the mail integration into GMail. Is that because of the way it's implemented? Or do you just not like the idea of having to use one application to handle multiple mail accounts? I personally like it a lot.

I love it! Of course now we have Inbox which breaks it up again....

Posted from my Nexus 7 2013 via Android Central App