downgrade from lollipop possible?

Lindsay Macdonald

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
I have nexus 4, two days ago upgraded to lollipop. I hate it. My phone is totally buggy now!! It drops my out going calls 9/10 times, my sent SMS are delayed by hours, keyboard has a mind of its own, it still makes a sound when I receive SMS but no longer displays notification icon (yes I've tried tweaking the settings), photos doesn't show all my pics I had. That's just the most annoying issues I'm having, there's more! I really don't like the funtionability of it at all! Please tell me there is a way I can undo this update and go back to 4.4.4!!!!!!!!!!!!

daihard2008

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
I have nexus 4, two days ago upgraded to lollipop. I hate it. My phone is totally buggy now!! It drops my out going calls 9/10 times, my sent SMS are delayed by hours, keyboard has a mind of its own, it still makes a sound when I receive SMS but no longer displays notification icon (yes I've tried tweaking the settings), photos doesn't show all my pics I had. That's just the most annoying issues I'm having, there's more! I really don't like the funtionability of it at all! Please tell me there is a way I can undo this update and go back to 4.4.4!!!!!!!!!!!!
You can flash a factory image of 4.4.4 onto your Nexus 4.

http://phandroid.com/2014/11/12/how-to-flash-the-android-5-0-factory-image-on-the-nexus-5/

This link talks about the 5.0 factory image on the Nexus 5, but the same principle applies. Just download the appropriate 4.4.4 factory image from the following site and flash it on your phone.

https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images

Please note that the flash will erase all your data, so make sure you make a backup copy of your existing data before flashing.

Chris Dontworryaboutit

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
I too have a Nexus 4 and finally received the notification for the upgrade and nothing had to be changed. It was as if all my settings for everything were kept the same and the thing is running great...Except! The damn thing keeps shutting off randomly. It never did this before the upgrade and it's the only thing annoying me. But your issue seems like more than just a Lollipop issue. I can't help to notice the battery draining slower and I swear I have one more bar than before in the same spots at home.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair