Exchange account, encryption problem

irfanintekhab

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Hello all,
I had my exchange account configured on nexus 5 with lollipop. it was working fine until yesterday, now its giving me a notification that the exchange account needs to update security settings and wants to encrypt my phone. My phone is already encrypted! and when i try to still encrypt the phone just makes a restart and the same security update needed notification pops up. :( what do i do? any ideas?

My phone has become of no use at work now :(

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Which mail client are you using for your Exchange account?

Some people have found that TouchDown has issues whereas Nine seems to work fine (for me, anyway).

heikkih

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Hi.

We've had this issue this weekend, and found the fix in 79342#c18 on the Android bug-tracker.

From Brian:
As an update, I noticed that with Lollipop it was no longer asking for my pin on boot up the way KitKat did. It seems this is now an option under the security settings, rather than a requirement of being encrypted. After setting it to require my pin on start up, the exchange account is now recognizing the tablet is encrypted. So far this has lasted for about a day, so it may be too soon to call it a fix, time will tell. To change the setting, go under Security -> Screen Lock -> PIN (or whatever security mode you are using), then it will ask whether you want to require the PIN on startup or not. Then continue through the prompts, and enter your PIN.
Regards

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae