Nexus 5 OTA 5.0.1 Update Error

guiguix

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
I've tried to update my nexus 5 two days ago and when my phone reboot for installing , i got an error on the screen and my phone just reboot... I'm not the only one with this thing but i don't know if Google knows this error and try to fix it.. Maybe you have the same problem ! (No rooted phone)

daihard2008

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
I've tried to update my nexus 5 two days ago and when my phone reboot for installing , i got an error on the screen and my phone just reboot... I'm not the only one with this thing but i don't know if Google knows this error and try to fix it.. Maybe you have the same problem ! (No rooted phone)

Is your phone completely stock? I know you said not rooted, but how about other components such as recovery? What kind of error did you get? Any error code to look up on the web for a clue?

Birapar Singh

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
I got the same problem and when the phone rebooted I checked for the update again an it doesn't have it. It says that 5.0 is the latest version.

napster100

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
By the looks of it, unrooting doesn't work, its still changed something and results in error 7. The only option is to either factory reset and try updating again or to plug it into a PC/laptop and flash the update with adb.

Both ways you'll lose the data on the phone so backup before!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34