5.0.1 too many screens

anon(55900)

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
On 5.0.1 and noticed that I know have multiple screens on either side of the home screen on my nexus 4 phone. Before, if I took off all apps on a side screen the screen would go away, so I had it down to home screen and Google Now screen, what am I missing?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Indeed, the blank pages should disappear.

Go to Settings -> Home. If more than one launcher is listed there, be sure Google Now is selected.

If that doesn't do it, there was someone here not long ago who had used a tool from the Play store to create totally transparent desktop icons specifically for the purpose of keeping launcher pages from disappearing. Is there a chance you have something like that going on?

anon(55900)

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Indeed, the blank pages should disappear.

Go to Settings -> Home. If more than one launcher is listed there, be sure Google Now is selected.

If that doesn't do it, there was someone here not long ago who had used a tool from the Play store to create totally transparent desktop icons specifically for the purpose of keeping launcher pages from disappearing. Is there a chance you have something like that going on?

I don't see 'Home' after opening Settings, but I do remember the launcher setting but that was before lollipop.

Update: What I had to do was go to Play store and down load google now launcher, I thought since google now was already running it should be there but I guess that part requires download and install. Thanks for trying to help!!

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1