Rumour: Android 5.1 coming with silent mode, improved battery management

jaleelhamid

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
how cool is this rumor? im excited about silent mode coming back! hopefullly

Rumour: Android 5.1 coming Q1 2015 with silent mode, improved battery management | MobileSyrup.com

Rumour: Android 5.1 coming Q1 2015 with silent mode, improved battery management
Android lollipop

Jane McEntegart
December 18, 2014 9:37am
Share on facebookShare on twitterShare on google_plusone_shareShare on linkedinShare on redditMore Sharing Services
The rollout of Android 5.0 Lollipop proceeds at a fairly even clip. We’ve already seen the OTA Android update deployed to Nexus 7 and Nexus 5 devices the world over, as well as Nexus 4 users, and the HTC One M8 and M7 GPE. Today brings news of a different kind of Lollipop update, though. According to Android Pit, Android 5.1, the first major update to Lollipop, will come sometime in the first quarter of 2015.

Android 5.1 will bring some significant improvements, addressing concerns about battery life, as well as improved RAM management, and fixes for certain bugs and instabilities. It will also see the return of silent mode, which has been noticeably absent from 5.0. With the current version of Lollipop, you can lower the volume to vibrate but not beyond that to completely silent.

Android Pit says this Q1 release time frame comes from two separate sources “close to the matter” and has the full changelog, too. Check it out:

Silent mode added after missing on Android 5.0
General improvements in system stability
Improved RAM management
Fixes for sudden app closures
Improved battery management
Excessive consumption of network devices when used Wi-Fi fixed
Issues with wireless connections fixed
Problems with Okay Google function solved
Notifications problems solved
Some sound problems experience by certain devices fixed
Other improvements and changes
Changes in the Material Design color palette (after users complaints, possibly for a higher version though)
Google hasn’t commented on any of the above, so it’s possible there could be more coming with 5.1. March (the end of Q1) would bring us to around the five month mark since Lollipop’s debut, which seems about the right time for a big update. The dust has had time to settle and user feedback will be plentiful. We’ll keep you posted on anything we hear related to Android 5.1!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
"fixes for certain bugs and instabilities"

How about not adding any doo-dads and fixing ALL the "bugs and instabilities" first? They think we won't notice how bad it's bleeding if they put a prettier Band-Aid on it?

jaleelhamid

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
i know right lol i think they didnt add silent mode only to wait until people complain and whine about all the issues than throw in silent mode in a update to make everyone happy without fixing all the bugs lol

jaleelhamid

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
How are you so sure its bull? Theirs been a few articles talking about this feature being back so

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

osiris355

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
How are you so sure its bull? Theirs been a few articles talking about this feature being back so

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Because the few articles you are talking about are all bouncing off the same click bait rumor on android pit. There's a reason why sites like android central and android police aren't reporting this.

Its hilarious. Just read the fixes. Its pooring fanboy wishlist, not reality. I'm not saying we won't get a big maintenance release soon, its just not this one...

5L Mustang

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
5.0.1 OTA is waiting on my nexus 4. I'm just unsure if I'm ready to leave a perfectly great running kit Kat and regret it!!

Posted via Nexus 4

smoledman

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
"fixes for certain bugs and instabilities"

How about not adding any doo-dads and fixing ALL the "bugs and instabilities" first? They think we won't notice how bad it's bleeding if they put a prettier Band-Aid on it?

All these companies do it like this, they can't just fix all the bugs first.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs