5.01 - no voice input method enabled?

littlenoodles

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
On my Nexus 4, with 5.01 installed via OTA, I no longer have the voice input key on the keyboard. Voice input works. I can use OK Google to do searches from anywhere, but I can't use voice input on the keyboard. When I go to my keyboard settings, the voice input key option is grayed out, and the text under the option says "no voice input method enabled. check language & input settings". Under Language and input's voice input, I have two options, Enhanced Google Services (which was checked) and Basic Google Recognition. I've tried both - neither enables the voice input key option on the keyboard. What gives? Is this a bug in Lollipop, or is there some other setting I'm missing?

knotjeff

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
You may have already tried this, but I was having the same problem. I started with the settings icon in my app drawer and then followed thru. Ive been trying to get this working for almost a week now. Hahaha. And just so you know, the icon is in the predictive text bar now. Not at the bottom by the comma any more.

Settings -> Language & Input -> Google Voice Typing. Make certain it is enabled.

jimspoon

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem on my verizon samsung galaxy note 3 after taking the Lollipop OTA. This is how I finally fixed it:

Settings > Language and Input > Default (to select Default keyboard > Add Keyboards > check Google Voice Typing.

Hope this helps anybody else who is wondering how to get back the Voice Input key in Google Keyboard.

JennnyD

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
I have an LG G2. I accidentaly found that when you have the text msg keyboard open, if you hold down the settings gear to the left of the space :)bar it pops up a little menu which contains the mic!!!! :)

Hegelthedog

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
On my Motorola RAZR (XT885) android 4.0.4, I have to long-press the space bar and a pop-up menu appears with different input methods. I can then select Google Voice Typing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463