battery reading is messed up on 5.0.2 on Nexus 7 2013 - how to reset / calibrate

gameson

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
anyone know how to reset / calibrate battery reading on Nexus 7 2013? After upgrading to 5.0.2, the battery reading is really messed up. It read 0% when it has charge.

Also this battery reading WAS NOT an issue on 5.0.1, only on 5.0.2

I have done battery draining (from 100% to 0% until device shut down), then charge all the way up, it does not solve the issue.

Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't matter. It takes about 20 seconds to get into Recovery Mode, and 5 seconds to wipe the cache.

speedy1wrc

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site
I have two Nexus 2013's and both are behaving differently. One works fine, but it went from 4.4 to 5.02 skipping 5.0 and 5.01. the other is having massive battery issues and it had 5.01 on it, which was horrid.. Firstly, it won't charge unless I power down., or so it appears. When I plug it in nothing happens and the battery monitor doesn't say it is charging. If I power down and charge it seems to indicate that it I charging by displaying the battery symbol in the middle of the screen. When it is up and running it sometimes displays that it is charging when it is not.

Battery life is maybe a few hours at best even at idle. The battery monitor shows minimal drain. only a few percentage points for display and the system. No great battery consumers. Yet even after a full charge, if I let it sit for even a few hours it goes dead.

I have wiped the cache partition several times to no avail.

This update has rendered the one unit useless. when is 5.03 coming out?????????

Jerry Cummings

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
I have two Nexus 2013's and both are behaving differently. One works fine, but it went from 4.4 to 5.02 skipping 5.0 and 5.01. the other is having massive battery issues and it had 5.01 on it, which was horrid.. Firstly, it won't charge unless I power down., or so it appears. When I plug it in nothing happens and the battery monitor doesn't say it is charging. If I power down and charge it seems to indicate that it I charging by displaying the battery symbol in the middle of the screen. When it is up and running it sometimes displays that it is charging when it is not.

Battery life is maybe a few hours at best even at idle. The battery monitor shows minimal drain. only a few percentage points for display and the system. No great battery consumers. Yet even after a full charge, if I let it sit for even a few hours it goes dead.

I have wiped the cache partition several times to no avail.

This update has rendered the one unit useless. when is 5.03 coming out?????????

Amen to that. I used to love my Nexus 7 (2013). Now I alternate between sadness and anger. Umpteen resets and cache wipes and still the battery charging process results in an anemic and failing device.

speedy1wrc

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site
So much for the other unit working OK. Last night if started random reboots.

I spent a lot of time testing the charging on the other one. Time I could have spent using it for productive things instead. I found that it does charge while running, but it just doesn't know it. That's a plus. However last night the WiFi issues hit. It won't connect. It keeps trying, then disconnecting, then trying another network (I have 4). I wanted to look at the NYC radar and after 30. min I gave up without being able to establish a connection.

I've looked everywhere and all I see is the exact same solutions on every site. It looks like a Google press release and they give superficial solutions which don't work. It's as if they are trying to wish the problems away or creating plausible denial that there aren't really any problems at all.

I can't even begin to say how disappointed I am in this whole botched roll-out.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I wonder why an IPad guy is hanging out here. I guess he's hoping to be cool. Me, I'm happy as a lark with my Nexus 5. It just works and I don't have to deal with Apple.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Folks can talk about iPads if they want on this forum. It just wasn't a particularly relevant response to the problem at hand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2