Priority Mode Question - Galaxy S5

judicious

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Hey Everybody!

So I just downloaded Lollipop earlier tonight and I already kinda wish I hadn't!

Now I know some people love the new priority mode but I'm not a fan and it's my fault because I hadn't read about silent mode going away, I used that option extensively.

Anyway, I understand the functions of priority mode but I need a quick way of muting the phone completely; there should be an option when I press on the volume rocker of getting "none", "priority" and "all" I believe, the only problem is I don't have those options coming up?!!!

I'm really frustrated here, all I get is the normal volume bar and next to it a settings button which if I press allows me to adjust volume for notifications etc but no quick none, priority and all buttons.

Any ideas?
Thanks

rrballer11

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Restart your phone, that happen to me once, should be fixed next update hopefully. That bug is rare tho

Posted via Android Central App

judicious

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Restart your phone, that happen to me once, should be fixed next update hopefully. That bug is rare tho

Posted via Android Central App

Just tried restarting but it's the same.

Pretty annoyed that I'll have to wait till the next update is available on my carrier. Any other known fixes?

Mike Hand

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
I have exactly the same issue!
Did you ever work out how to fix this?
It's so annoying not being able to have a silent mode without the vibrate function.
Obviously you can just turn vibration off, but that's so much hassle when it used to be just the press of one button!!

BiJonJ

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
I just updated last night and I'm still playing around with it. Not feeling it too much either but on the notification panel I added the sound profile button which allows me to switch my phone from sound to vibrate to mute very quickly.

However, if priority only mode is on when I switch to mute obviously it's going to turn off because both functions mute your phone. There is also the option of priority only with vibrate.

The Chrome update was dumb too but at least they gave the option that allowed you to change it in your Chrome settings.

Hope this helps some of you.