On my Nexus 4, why am I unable to access or sync Google apps + location?

athompso2

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Nexus 4 - unable to access or sync google apps + location problems

Hi - I have a Nexus 4 on Lollipop and I believe my problems began to originate when I turned off GPS Location button in the quick settings bar in order to save battery.

Since then, I've been unable to use any google account related apps - gmail, play store, keep etc. They just don't load or sync. I tried re-syncing my google account and it either says "syncing now" or it comes up with an error saying syncing is unavailable. Also I tried removing any of my 3 google accounts but once I press "remove account" nothing happens - the account remains.

I'm sure it's got something to do with the location settings though because 1. all the problems happened when I turned location off for >24 hours and 2. other apps which need my GPS e.g. strava just crash instantly when I try to run them.

Can anyone please suggest a solution? I don't want to try a factory reset just yet if at all possible...

Thanks so much

Alex Wetzel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Nexus 4 - unable to access or sync google apps + location problems

Hi - I have a Nexus 4 on Lollipop and I believe my problems began to originate when I turned off GPS Location button in the quick settings bar in order to save battery.

Since then, I've been unable to use any google account related apps - gmail, play store, keep etc. They just don't load or sync. I tried re-syncing my google account and it either says "syncing now" or it comes up with an error saying syncing is unavailable. Also I tried removing any of my 3 google accounts but once I press "remove account" nothing happens - the account remains.

I'm sure it's got something to do with the location settings though because 1. all the problems happened when I turned location off for >24 hours and 2. other apps which need my GPS e.g. strava just crash instantly when I try to run them.

Can anyone please suggest a solution? I don't want to try a factory reset just yet if at all possible...

Thanks so much

Have you turned it on at all since these issues occurred?

Posted via Android Central App