Do you plan on updating to Lollipop, or you will stay with KitKat?

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
But you could have a problem.

I talked yesterday with a tech rep from Verizon and went over the problems I am having on my Note 3. She said she had a Note 3 that she loved and let's take a look at what it does! She found that she had most of the same problems mine has! Just features that she had not tried before. Now we're both waiting for future updates and I'm to stay in touch with her over changes!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 "Size Does Matter!"

hopismum

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
S5 on At&t. Upgraded and phone is buttery smooth, fast and battery life is much better. Did not encounter a single issue.

Posted via Android Central App

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I just got my Sprint LG G3 Thursday. I updated it with some android update the first time (I believe bug fixes for KitKat 4.4.2). Then Friday night I updated it to Lollipop 5.0.1 and its been Amazing since. Haven't had any issues with it except the play store forclosing. I reset it at least 6 times before and after the update and cleared partition to make sure I didn't experience any bugs or problems during and after the update. So far its working great (no more forclosing play store) but I haven't put my Google account or any apps or updated anything else except for the OS. I'll do that tonight and see what happens. Hopefully all goes well.

Posted via the Android Central App

bubbbab

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Updated SGS4 last night. Works pretty good so far. Email app loads very slowly with the spinning circle for about 10 seconds. Work around is leave it open in the background.

Honestly not too much in the update that I'd consider an "upgdade" per se'. Whether it fixed the data disconnect Kb only time will tell. If it does then that's worth the change of OS.

Generally it seems to me they've fixed a bunch of stuff that wasn't broken. Just my opinion.

Samsung Galaxy S4 And 4.4.2 Switched from Z10 July 26.2014 STAYING AWAY FROM LP

syspry

Banned
Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
I have 5.02 available as of yesterday but I'm staying on KK. Most of the problems are persistent right up until 5.1.1 so I'm staying away until my carrier pushes that one. Current commonly reported problems for my device so far are battery drain, media volume reduction, lag, camera issues. Since I plan on updating this fall, my current phone will probably be replaced by the time all the fixes roll out anyway. Waiting 5 months for an incredibly poor OS update has me seriously considering leaving Android.

Good point above by the way. I agree with the folks who said a lot of the people saying their update is fine aren't aware that it isn't until it's pointed out to them so I take their feedback with a block of salt.

alt075

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm staying far away from it. I had the note 3 which I was absolutally in love with that phone. Updated to lollipop and it ruined the phone. I could not use it more than 30 minutes without it eating all of the battery. And that was just surfing the web a little, texting a little, and one 5 min phone call. I took it to my carrier and we did a factory reset. Didn't change a thing. So I was on the jump program and I just went ahead and upgraded to the note 4. Since they told me I could not put it back to kit kat.

Long story short their was a issue and I got the phone for the same amount I had left paying on my note 3. But I won't go into that here.

So I will wait for a loooong time before even trying it. I would have to hear all the bugs have been fixed. In the meantime I am perfectally happy with kitkat. Why change something that is working is what I go by now. lol.

Johnny1961

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I've already visited my local AT&T store and and asked them how to get rid of Lollipop and they told me it is impossible once you upgrade. I bought my Note 4 on Saturday and fell in love with it. By Sunday the update completely trashed the phone that I loved. Please, if someone knows how to get rid of it, I'd love to know too!

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I've already visited my local AT&T store and and asked them how to get rid of Lollipop and they told me it is impossible once you upgrade. I bought my Note 4 on Saturday and fell in love with it. By Sunday the update completely trashed the phone that I loved. Please, if someone knows how to get rid of it, I'd love to know too!

You'd need to be able to unlock the bootloader and then reflash a KitKat build onto it. Your phone would be entirely wiped clean. Not sure, but I think many manufacturers (Samsung included) have made it nearly impossible to unlock. Another reason to buy Nexus.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

pimago

May 14, 2015
Visit site
I flashed an old Samsung Galaxy W to a Cyanogenmod ROM which is Lollipop based. AFter that I get the on screen buttons and the hardware buttons running at the same time. It felt weird IMHO.

Its not Lollipop being the issue, but the phone was just not suited to this new OS.

DLK1

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site

Before you go through the trouble of re-flashing Kit-Kat, I believe I would do a factory reset. Lollipop has caused a lot of problem that can be cleared up with a factory reset. I always do a factory reset after a upgrade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress