Do you plan on updating to Lollipop, or you will stay with KitKat?

venom0706

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
For those who have read reviews for Lollipop, but still haven't got it on their device, do you plan on updating, or you will stay with KitKat?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I wish I didn't have to update mostly because I don't like the new notification system and interruption handling... plus all the bugs I've been reading about only make me dread it more. But I guess when the update hits my phone (T-Mobile Note 4) I will update. It's no use staying 'in the past'. I will, however, do a factory reset after updating though. And if Lollipoop is really poopy enough to make me hate it, there's always other OSs, right?

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Wasn't planning on it, but I saw a CM 12 Nightly that was supposed to be bug free and Xposed was working on Lollipop. No significant issues so far. Very smooth, fast, nice animations and great battery life.

Sent from my G2 running CM 12

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I plan to stay away from Lollipop when it's released for the Note 4 (OTA updater has been disabled) since it's rock solid on its original release of Kit Kat (4.4.4). If it ain't broke....

I'm content to wait for a newer version of Android when I get a new device (ex. Note 5 or 6). :)

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I will update on either my Note 4 or my Note Edge. ...prolly the 4 first. ...and even then I'll wait I while and see what kind of experience folks are having around these parts first. Like Synycalwon wrote, "If it ain't broke...." However, I have backup devices and I'm not sure when the Note 3 might get it. TBH, there still seems little I need from Lollipop except it's more-adequate handling of SD cards, which would be welcome. I'm sure TouchWiz will cover up the other little UI things I don't really care for anyways.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I will update on either my Note 4 or my Note Edge. ...prolly the 4 first. ...and even then I'll wait I while and see what kind of experience folks are having around these parts first. Like Synycalwon wrote, "If it ain't broke...." However, I have backup devices and I'm not sure when the Note 3 might get it. TBH, there still seems little I need from Lollipop except it's more-adequate handling of SD cards, which would be welcome. I'm sure TouchWiz will cover up the other little UI things I don't really care for anyways.

It doesn't, apparently it makes it even more annoying and complicated than what Google had managed to get it to. Have I mentioned I REALLY don't like Lollipop's new notification system?
Galaxy Note 4 Volume/Interruptions setup on Lollipop offers worst of both worlds | Android Central

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I hope that's just some type of beta (by another name?) that they're testing in Europe and by the time it hits the US market it'll be out of beta, be worthy of production, and that nonsense will be fixed.

cybernutte

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I suppose that if everyone has good things to say about 5.1, I might consider it, since I usually prefer to keep my system up to date. However, to be honest, I've heard nothing so far about Lollipop that gives me any incentive to leave KitKat 4.4.4.

Weirdo87

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
5.0.2 became available for my Moto G today. I'm going to wait a week or two to see how many people using the same device and carrier end up on the floor, in the fetal position, shuddering in a pool of their own tears.

mohit9206

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I will wait until a stable version of Lollipop is released.

I plan to stay away from Lollipop when it's released for the Note 4 (OTA updater has been disabled) since it's rock solid on its original release of Kit Kat (4.4.4). If it ain't broke....

I'm content to wait for a newer version of Android when I get a new device (ex. Note 5 or 6). :)

How to disable OTA updater?

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I suppose that if everyone has good things to say about 5.1, I might consider it, since I usually prefer to keep my system up to date. However, to be honest, I've heard nothing so far about Lollipop that gives me any incentive to leave KitKat 4.4.4.

Let me know when "everyone" has good things to say about anything. There are those who have a vested interest in not saying anything good and there are others whose personality won't allow them to say anything good.

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
I'm hoping for the L update on my Note 3 on O2 UK ASAP

My Note 2, I'm not holding my breath in all honesty. Just wish I was brave enough to root my phone and put Lollipop on it, but alas I'm not ;)

I updated to L on my Nexus 5 as soon as it was available and had zero issues with it, really liked the layout of it and the new features etc...

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I don't have a phone from this year, so I don't expect to be offered the opportunity anytime soon.
I'm pretty sure this is Android's slowest rollout yet, no?

ram1220

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I am staying with Kit Kat. There is nothing in Lollipop that appeals to me. In fact just the opposite. I received the notification from Sprint to "update" and I refused it. So far so good. It hasn't bugged me again to download Lollipop. I don't like the notifications in Lollipop and I think the whole thing just looks too flat and cartoonish.

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I will be hitting the ingnore "Update" for awhile once it comes. My Note 4 is running so smoothly now after the whole SD card fiasco I had the first few days I had it, so I would like to see the SD card handled better. I think its great when they update to new great features, BUT, when they cause great issues, it's not so GREAT! I agree with, "If it aint Broken....."

rob damiani

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I tried CM12 and hated it. Plus there was an intermittent popping noise emitting from my speaker. I went back to KK CM11 and couldn't be happier.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khalio1234