Messages in Hangouts wrong order

wuzunislove

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
So I'm having the same problem as the OP of this thread here:

forums.androidcentral.com/android-4-4-kitkat/389853-hangout-sms-thread-sometimes-goes-bottom-list-wrong-date-listed.html

But decided to cross post in this forum as well since I realized which version of Android I'm running. Basically, same problem as OP described - sometimes the threads in the Hangouts will go to the bottom of the list, even though I've had conversations with those people recently. The date shows up as an older date (e.g. "Dec 23") at the bottom of all the conversations in my Hangouts app, but when I open up the thread the newest (newer than Dec 23) messages will still show. Anyone know how to fix this?!

I've tried restarting my phone, clearing cache in Hangouts app settings, but still happening.

c1823a

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue and it started today. I signed out of Hangouts, signed back in and now my messages are properly arranged again.

Bob Boulby

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Same issue here on a Nexus 4 running Android 5.0.1. Signing out and in again temporarily fixes the problem but a phone restart messes the order up again.

Bob.

Bilbo100

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem on my Samsung and also on my MacBookAir. This is such an annoying problem we will have to change to another tool. Shame since our whole business has the same tool (all google based for email and messaging) and so we will have to change from Google based to another solution if we cannot solve this. I cannot believe a company like Google cannot get messages to be in the right order.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles