Special features of android 5.0 lollipop !

Jackline Christo

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
Android with it's open supply possession is that the most versatile & straightforward to use OS that powers over one billion users. This customizable & multi-tasking platform revolutionizes its application level from smart phones & Tabs to Wearables,Tvs & Cars. it's a market share of 33%.

Now the newest version out there in market is Lollipop. It's increased options that build the users with a quick,smooth & powerful computing experience.

Android 5.0 "Lollipop" is the latest version of the android mobile software developed by Google. undraped on june 25, 2014 throughout Google I/O, it became on the market through official over-the-air (OTA) updates on Nov 12, 2014, for choose devices that run distributions of android serviceable by Google (such as Nexus and Google Play edition devices). Its ASCII text file was created on the market on Nov 3, 2014.

One of the foremost distinguished changes within the Lollipop release may be a redesigned interface designed around a style language remarked as "material design". alternative changes embrace enhancements to the notifications, which may be accessed from the lock screen and displayed among applications as top-of-the-screen banners. Google additionally created internal changes to the platform, with the android Runtime (ART) formally replaced Dalvik for improved application performance, and with changes meant to boost and optimize battery usage, renowned internally as Project Volta.

Android 5.0 was initial disclosed below the codename "Android L" on 25th June 2014 , throughout a keynote presentation at the Google I/O developer's conference. aboard Lollipop, the presentation centered on variety of recent Android-oriented platforms and technologies, together with android TV, in-car platform android automobile, wearable computing platform android Wear, and health chase platform Google work.

Part of the presentation was dedicated to a replacement cross-platform style language remarked as "material design". step-up the "card" motifs initial seen in Google currently, it's a style with augmented use of layouts based on grids, responsive animations and transitions, padding, and effects like lighting & shadows. The Designer Matías Duarte explained that unlike real paper, our digital material will expand and reform showing intelligence. Material has physical surfaces and edges. Seams and shadows offer which means regarding what you'll bit." The material design language " won't solely be used on android, however across Google's suite of internet code similarly, providing an identical expertise across all platforms.

It's advanced property settings, New 3D views that even casts shadows,Configurable Notification & new Heads-Up-Notification.

It supports high level graphics for Khronos OpenGL es 3.1 that provides games & apps of second & 3D graphic support. It introduces a special feature - Android Extension Pack (AEP) - a group of OpenGL es extensions.

It offers Low Latency audio input & Multi channel audio stream mixing. this allows skilled audio apps to combine up to eight channels which incorporates 5.1 and 7.1 channels.

Let's have a higher look at the new features:

Android currently runs completely on the new ART runtime, designed from the bottom up to support a mixture of ahead-of-time (AOT), just-in-time (JIT), and understood code. It's supported on ARM, x86, and unit of measurement architectures and is totally 64-bit compatible.

Advanced Connectivity: android 5.0 adds new APIs that enable apps to perform synchronous operations with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE), permitting each scanning (central mode) and advertising (peripheral mode).
New 3D reads allow you to set a z-level to lift parts off of the view hierarchy and solid realtime shadows, whilst they move.

Notification: it's additional visible, accessible, & configurable Notification.
Key notification alerts like incoming calls seem during a wide-awake notification-a little floating window that enables the user to reply or dismiss while not departure this app.
New APIs enable you to indicate separate activities in your app as individual documents aboard alternative recent screens.

High level Graphic support: Support for Khronos OpenGL es 3.1 currently provides games and alternative apps the highest-performance second and 3D graphics capabilities on supported devices.
OpenGL es 3.1 adds cypher shaders, stencil textures, accelerated visual effects, top quality ETC2/EAC texture compression, rendering advanced texture, standardized texture size and render-buffer formats, and a lot more.

Android 5.0 conjointly introduces the android Extension Pack (AEP), a group of OpenGL es extensions.

Powerful audio: a brand new audio-capture style offers low-latency audio input. Multi-channel audio stream mixing permits skilled audio apps to combine up to eight channels as well as 5.1 and 7.1 channels.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Interesting info. Where did you copy and paste it from?

EDIT: Mea culpa. See post #8.

Last edited:

NYVET

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Actually, Android accounts for 80% of all phones and tablets, not 33%. Android has the largest share of all the operating systems.

Posted via the Android Central App

mohit9206

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Actually the OP missed a few key features of Lollipoop.
1. Lag:
Magically makes your phone lag way more than it used to in kitkat.
2. Project Volta
This exciting project significantly reduces your battery life compared to KitKat.
3. Brick
This revolutionary feature bricks your phone after updating to Lollipoop.
There are maybe a few more key features i am probably missing but am sure others will add more from their personal experience.

mohit9206

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Now the newest version out there in market is Lollipop. It's increased options that build the users with a quick,smooth & powerful computing experience.
LOL quick, smooth and powerful experience? Are you kidding me?

One of the foremost distinguished changes within the Lollipop release may be a redesigned interface designed around a style language remarked as "material design". alternative changes embrace enhancements to the notifications
Notifications are worse than in kitkat and the whole White everywhere theme is bloody annoying.
Google additionally created internal changes to the platform, with the android Runtime (ART) formally replaced Dalvik for improved application performance, and with changes meant to boost and optimize battery usage, renowned internally as Project Volta.
Performance is much worse than before and so is the battery life.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Was this an appropriate response from someone of your obvious status on the forum? Just asking.

Yes, because it was in fact copied and pasted. I was wondering if the OP wanted to share his or her source, since copying and pasting without attribution is a no-no on this forum.

EDIT: Actually, I'm wrong. See post #8!

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm. Now that I look more closely, I see that I was mistaken about this post. I believe this one surfaced around the time of another post that was quite clearly copied and pasted. Apologies to the OP!

chazdroid

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
It looks like giggling school girls and toddlers will be mesmerized by the infantile graphics design....Now i feel like i get to baybysit a terrible two year old when ever i have to experience this phone...
Nothing like the further dumbing down of the proletariat by corporate America....Might as well all go crawl into your matrix pods ahead of time...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae