Question regarding 'heads-up' notifications?

anon(5527120)

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
When I get a heads-up notification, tapping it should open the respective app, but this doesn't happen for me on my Moto G (2014). I'll give two examples:

1. I'm browsing the internet and I get two whatsapp texts. I get the heads-up notifications and when I tap them, nothing happens. The only thing I can do is wait for them to go away on their own after 10 seconds, or swipe them away.

2. I'm browsing the internet and I get a phone call. The heads-up notification has two options, namely 'Dismiss' and 'Accept' but I'm unable to tap either of them.

Is this how it's supposed to be or is there a setting to change this?

anon(5527120)

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Hi... Thanks for your reply... I restarted the phone and the problem got solved... By when can I expect Lollipop 5.1 to come to my phone? I live in India. A couple more questions:

1. I've read a couple of articles that advice android users NOT to kill apps using task managers. If I go to the 'Recent Apps' menu on my moto g and clear the list there, is that the same as killing apps, or am I just clearing the list?

2. I know we shouldn't generally kill apps, but my question is, when SHOULD we kill apps? Should we kill them when we're done using our phone for the day or when we know that the app in question isn't going to be used by us for the rest of the day? As far as I know, only the recently and frequently used apps shouldn't be killed. What about apps that we use, maybe once a day?

p3ntyne

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi... Thanks for your reply... I restarted the phone and the problem got solved... By when can I expect Lollipop 5.1 to come to my phone? I live in India. A couple more questions:

1. I've read a couple of articles that advice android users NOT to kill apps using task managers. If I go to the 'Recent Apps' menu on my moto g and clear the list there, is that the same as killing apps, or am I just clearing the list?

2. I know we shouldn't generally kill apps, but my question is, when SHOULD we kill apps? Should we kill them when we're done using our phone for the day or when we know that the app in question isn't going to be used by us for the rest of the day? As far as I know, only the recently and frequently used apps shouldn't be killed. What about apps that we use, maybe once a day?

I know this a really late reply, but I just saw your post. What phone do you have? Most Nexus devices already have 5.1.

Removing apps from the recents list is essentially the same thing and while it may save you battery at the start, more cpu power will be required next time you open that same app. I'd suggest leaving the recent apps list, unless you have a cpu intensive app (such as a game) that you know you will not use again, for a long time. If you have lots of apps installed and you can't keep track of those that you need and hence the menu gets cluttered, it's probably fine to begin off a clean slate again (since in Lollipop, recent apps persist through a reboot).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome