Don't want Lollypop

DachsieMom

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
So I understand that the OS is being rolled out now. I'm afraid that I might be upgraded without my consent, as I've heard or read right here on AC.

I really don't want the blasted thing, and I can't disable the upgrade in the settings; I've tried. A few weeks ago I received popup notifications (MANY every day) of some upgrade, and I just said no again and again, ad infinitum, ad nauseum. I also tried to disable it, but no! Couldn't do it. Finally, after about a week of daily pestering, they stopped.

I don't think it was Lollypop knocking, but maybe, hopefully it was. Then I wouldn't have to worry daily over being upgraded against my will "for my own good."

Any info or thoughts on this? Can I bypass this upgrade? Will these assholes just push it onto my phone anyway. I've frozen the "push" app/process with TB, maybe that'll make a difference, or does that only affect the notifications?

I have a wonderful rooted Samsung Galaxy Note 3; no bloatware and everything works and gets along with everything else. I like my sculpted menues & dark colors on most things, and I don't need some fancy new "flat white" theme to f*ck my phone up. I can see the dark colors much better, and they also save the battery.

Posted via Android Central App

saradha devi

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
F*ck the functionality updates.. Did it occur to the morons to test this **** lollipop? Easily the worst mobile os ever.. The look is like some Dumbass puked.. My moto g 2nd gen is spoilt beyond repair.. How to downgrade to KitKat?

BTW I have an old phone with 2.3 android.. Miles better than lollipop and KitKat... Ridiculous that we are forced to upgrade to this crap is...

LeSaint

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I have lollipop since day one. I love it, I didn't have any trouble with it. I can understand that some people might have issues, but I really don't get the hate about the functionalities.

DLK1

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I have lollipop since day one. I love it, I didn't have any trouble with it. I can understand that some people might have issues, but I really don't get the hate about the functionalities.

I would have to agree with you. I have had Lollipop since day one, I have no problems that others are having, I did do a backup before and the did a factory reset after the upgrade. I really do not see why some people hate it so. Still on 5.0.1 I will upgrade to 5.1 when I get the time.

laollis

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I just got lollipop, and I don't like it. Also, it's killing my battery half way through the day and it didn't use to.

Posted via the Android Central App

DLK1

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I just got lollipop, and I don't like it. Also, it's killing my battery half way through the day and it didn't use to.

Posted via the Android Central App

Unfortunately to clear up your battery issues you may have to do a factory reset. This is what I had to do to restore may battery issues. What make and model device we referring to here cell or tablet?

saradha devi

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
So, we have to take care of the data and do factory reset etc. which the upgrade should have taken care of? Why the instruction was not given during the upgrade? If you can't even take care of a thing like upgrade, don't call urself 'google'..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12