Saving files to SD card

3moosey3

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
I thought lollipop was going to make it so you could save more files to your SD card on a galaxy s5. I've only been able to save a couple more files to the SD card. I have already saved all my photos to the SD card as you can do that in the settings on the camera. Does anyone know hw to save more files to the SD card? I know that a lot of the software won't let you do it. Please help me as this is irritating. I have only saved about 1 gigabyte to my 32 gigabyte SD card. I have about 16 gigabytes of internal memory and there is only 7 gigabytes left. I sure hope there is a
way to save more to the SD card. I really don't see a lot of use to lollipop if it can't save more to the SD card. The rest of everything I have seen is just cosmetic. I don't care about how my icons look. I use my phone as I would use my laptop. Are there any other good changes that lollipop has created? Maybe there are some internal modifications that aren't very apparent but make the phone more efficient.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Don't try to save to an existing folder - rename any folder an app has been using (by putting the card into a card reader and plugging it into a PC, so you don';t have any Linux permissions problems), then have the app create its folder (by telling it to save to the external card.

If that doesn't work, you can root the phone and use NextApp SDFix: KitKat Writable MicroSD (root) (or change the file manually if you're comfortable in Linux). If you give the user 'everyone' all permissions to the card, there's no protection (an app can write all over another app's folder), but that's the way it used to be.

starbuckk

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Developers have to update their apps to be SD compatible with Lollipop. Write to the developers of the apps you want to be able to use the SD card and encourage them to update. Right now I know ES File Explorer and EZ PDF Reader can do it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phantom3SE