Galaxy S5 Fingerprint Lockout Screen, Display Staying Active When Receiving New Notifications

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottman187

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Hello Everyone,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 on the T-Mobile Network and my device was recently updated to version 5. I have the fingerprint lockout function enabled on my device but I am encountering a problem with it. I go to bed with my device unplugged and my alarm clock set for several hours in the future. When I wake up my screen is active on my device on the fingerprint lockout screen. While sleeping I commonly receive text messages and when I receive these text messages it turns my device display on and it will not turn off until I click the lock button or scan my finger and enter into the device. I am unable to find the setting to change this display property, I attempt to turn off notifications on the lockout screen but the same thing occurs. Please help, this is draining my battery while I am sleeping or not paying attention. Where are the display property settings for the lockout screen? When I am in my device beyond the lockout screen I have my display set to turn off after 2 minutes. But, this only works if I am in the device and beyond the lockout screen. Does anyone have any suggestions on this? Please help

Thank you,
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae