Suggestions for a decent phone?

anon(5527120)

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
I'm returning the Moto G (2014) I had purchased due to a shaky and loose power button and I will be refunded the entire amount so I have an option to either repurchase the Moto G or go for a different phone.

Some of the issues I faced with Moto G are:

• Volume bizzarely rose to maximum at times
  • Phone lagged while playing 'Spider-man Unlimited' even though no other apps were running in the background
  • Lots of redraws, even though I'm not using any launcher, not even Google Now

Should I buy the Moto G (2014) in the hopes that Lollipop 5.1 will resolve these issues or go for a new phone altogether?

hisense

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Your phone sounds like a bad one. Its not normal or wide spread..so not a design problem. Most folks are very happy with the phone.

My kid has the phone and got an over the air update to Lolipop. Everytime I play around with it I am truly shocked at the performance and screen. Plus a 32gb sd card for extra space for media and apps make it amazing at under 200 bucks.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(5527120)

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Well I purchased the Moto G (2014) in March, used it for a week and then called for a replacement due to a faulty charger. Then since replacement had a shaky/loose button, the seller agreed to refund the full amount to me. If I had experienced the lagging and redraws on only one of the phones, maybe it was understandable but I experienced them on BOTH phones.

I'm contemplating going for a Moto X (2013) model. Any other suggestions?

anon(5527120)

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
I've never been a fan of Samsung but the Galaxy S4 does have decent specs. However, there's a difference between having decent specs on paper and actually performing well. So which phone should I pickbetween Galaxy S4 and Moto X (2013)? I can't stress enough on how much lags irritate me, especially since I don't even use heavy apps, launchers or task managing/RAM cleaning third party apps and I'd like a decent lag free phone. Please advice.

EDIT:

Just Googled "Galaxy S4 Lollipop lag" and there are entire articles dedicated to help users address the lag issues that exist even on S4's running on Lollipop. I read some of the tips and they include turning of transition animation, etc. but I don't see why the phone would come with it if simply disabling it was a step towards making the phone better? And secondly, it's not a budget phone. It's a premium phone. How much more is a person supposed to pay to enjoy the 'luxury' of the transition animation? I know I might be sounding petty, but I just don't see the purpose of buying an Android phone that comes with its own 'baggage' and then it's up to the user to tweak around with it, install launchers and whatnot just to get it running at a satisfactory level. Is a vanilla lag free phone too much to ask for? Sorry for the rant lol.

Last edited:

anon(5527120)

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
The 2nd gen moto x seems to work well with 5.0.2 so far.

I'd love to go for the 2nd gen Moto X but sadly that's not in my budget. My budget is Rs. 20,000 (in India). Moto G 2nd gen is available for Rs. 13,000 while Moto X 1st gen is available for 17,000

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay