Why do I have a limited low frequency output after the Lollipop update?

A

AC Question

limited low frequency output after lollipop update

I just installed 5.0.1 on my tablet and I immediately noticed lower volume and very limited bass output from the audio jack. My immediate reaction was to see if the plug was even in all the way and it was. I tried several headphones and different music player apps. Still no boom. It's like there is a high frequency filter not letting any low end sounds through.
oddly, on top of that, my device has started playing a random song from my library over the speakers every time I get a notification from facebook. What do?
ASUS me572c

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: limited low frequency output after lollipop update

Welcome to Android Central! Is this an official update from Asus, or a custom ROM?

samuel clemenstine

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
my best guess is the update somehow messed up the frequency filter that comes on for the devices speakers and switches to put out the low end sounds the small device speakers cannot play. I wonder if its permanent damage or a setting overlooked when the software was made:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

samuel clemenstine

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Re: limited low frequency output after lollipop update

Finally got my dysfucntional Asus Memo tablet back in the mail after being talked into sending it back to Asus. No word from them in awhile.
Going to mark the Asus tablet off as trash and scrap it. Goodbye 250$ plus the time spent waiting on a repair.
Be sure to avoid their products and warn anyone you care about to do the same; I know I will.

P.S. their shotty customer service has you pay for the shipping and makes no effort to communicate with you about the (non-existent) repairs under the fake factory warranty.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek