LG G3 Upgraded to 5.0.1 Lollipop, Several New Issues. Can I get some help?

E39BMW98

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
LG G3 Upgraded to 5.0.1 Lollipop, Several New Issues

I've had my G3 for a couple of months now, and I've loved it. It's been a great phone after I worked out all of the initial kinks. Now, I have a whole new set of problems with this awful new upgrade. I made the mistake of allowing my phone to upgrade to Android 5.0.1 and now I'm having tons of small issues. Most of them are with the redesigned features, but there are a few that are really bothering me that are real issues.
First off, when I tried to download an app, it gave me "Error -505." Never had that before. The first time it powered on, it told me something about Play Services needing to be updated- which it wouldn't let me do that, of course. Maybe that has something to do with it? I tested with another app and it installed just fine, but the first one just wanted to give me an error.
This doesn't have to do with the system as a whole, but it's quite annoying. Anyone that uses the app Blur (by Abine), do you know how I can use it without turning on this "Blur Services" thing? I don't like the idea of a keylogger on my phone. I've never had to deal with this and the app has always worked great.

Also, if there is any way I can change these new features, it would be fantastic.
-Touch buttons... I can't stand the shapes... I understand symbols, I'm not two.
-Thin text on the clock on the lock screen... with my background, I can barely see it.
-Turn on "OK Google" to be used from the home screen, but not while locked or in another app. I don't need the thing listening to me all the time.
-Volume can't be turned off completely anymore, only down to vibrate.
-I know nothing can be done about this one, but I don't like that it has to load when I hit "Clear All" on the recent apps screen.
Also, the phone is considerably slower than it was with 4.4. I have nothing good to say about this system, it's awful. There was no reason Google had to change something that was so close to perfect. The best way to fix this would probably be to downgrade to 4.4 KitKat, but I don't want to factory reset my phone.

I'm sorry this seems long and rant-like, but I'd appreciate any help.

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: LG G3 Upgraded to 5.0.1 Lollipop, Several New Issues

Once your phone is upgraded to lollipop you can't just factory reset it and have kitkat.
It wont happen...

comestim

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site

Usually after a major upgrade you will want to do a factory reset sometimes you can get bye with just clearing the cache at the system restore screen. The factory reset will take you to Lollipop factory now and not kitkat. The only way to go back to kitkat is flashing it with Odin.

E39BMW98

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site

Dammit. I was hoping otherwise. Also, when I get a call, the phone app opens. Is there a way I can have it like 4.4 where when I answer a call, I don't have to close it?

Sent from my VS985 4G

E39BMW98

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site

Well, I used the LG flash tool to get back to 4.4 and now it's giving me new problems. And people complain about European cars... technology is a bigger headache.

havensed

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

Sorry your having those problems but lollipop is much better as using resources and toy can turn features off...lots of utube videos on how to make the new software your own..

sent from LGG3 with lollipop

E39BMW98

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site

I don't know. I've got it all fixed now, and I don't plan on upgrading anymore. I should have learned my lesson when I upgraded to iOS 7.

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

I don't know. I've got it all fixed now, and I don't plan on upgrading anymore. I should have learned my lesson when I upgraded to iOS 7.

You should have learned your lesson when you first bought an apple. lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois