Can I get some help with a Samsung Lollipop question?

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
Samsung Lollipop question

Hello,

My Galaxy S4 upgraded on Friday and I'm almost over the shock and dismay at the way my phone looks and behaves now and I'm getting into terms with the reality that I'll need to live with an interface designed for kids and teenage girls from now on.
However there are two elements that are really driving me crazy because I need to see them every time and I haven't found a way to remove them. It seems they are both Samsung additions. I have almost a year left in my current contract before I can get a new non-Samsung phone, so I hope somebody has a solution.

1. Very ugly red phone icon and animated arrows on the lock screen.
It is so kindergarden and so ugly - it is simply unacceptable.

2. Samsung spam in the notifications. When you drag the notifications bar in the middle of the notification screen that appears there is a big spam block with buttons for S Finder (that I do not need and will never use) and Quick Connect (that never works). Every other button on that screen can be shown or hidden, however those two can not be - the banner is always shown.

Last edited:

greatdj123

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
Re: Samsung Lollipop question

The red phone logo on lock screen is very useful and will work straight away in an emergency situation. How can that be a bad thing. I welcome that feature as you can use it without the need to unlock the phone as previously you would have to do this to access the keypad etc.

Posted via the Android Central App

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: Samsung Lollipop question

The same functionality was already there (You never had to unlock the phone in order to use the emergency dealer). What they did is make it worse in two ways:
1. Before you just have to tap the text in order to open it. Now you have to slide from a specific small area where the icon is. Maybe because of fat fingers, but the first several times I tried nothing happened (the old way was always working). For the average adult user this is a downgrade in the usability compared to before.
Even if it did always react, for the adult user, especially in emergency situations, singe tap is way more user and accessibility friendly than swipe.

2, Before it was a discrete text that from aesthetic point of view will work with any way of styling for thew lock screen. Now it is not possible to have a nice beautiful lock screen anymore. Any single time you pick up your phone you get to face this sad new fact.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kinmo