Why is my contacts app very very slow?

Bruno Aguiar

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Contacts app very very slow

Hi,

Since I upgraded to Lollipop I the contacts/calls app has become very very slow.

The initial loading of the contacts is not very fast, but bearable. The real problem is when I click in one of my favs contact in order to make a call and sometimes i takes up to 10/15s to start the call and for the call screen to appear. Yes, I am not exaggerating...

I am using a nexus 4 but I have seen nexus 5 with similar behaviour, but with a smaller delay (around 5s).

Has anyone else seen this kind of behaviour? Any possible solution?

Cheers

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Re: Contacts app very very slow

Hi,

Since I upgraded to Lollipop I the contacts/calls app has become very very slow.

The initial loading of the contacts is not very fast, but bearable. The real problem is when I click in one of my favs contact in order to make a call and sometimes i takes up to 10/15s to start the call and for the call screen to appear. Yes, I am not exaggerating...

I am using a nexus 4 but I have seen nexus 5 with similar behaviour, but with a smaller delay (around 5s).

Has anyone else seen this kind of behaviour? Any possible solution?

Cheers

Wipe cache partition.

if that doesn't work do a factory reset and manually resync/reinstall everything. it's best to start fresh after a major OS Letter Update. make sure all of your data is backed up and synced first.

good luck.

Bruno Aguiar

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site

Thats a pretty generic and not so user friendly solution... I was hoping for a more specific fix.

Anyway, will try. Thanks!

Bruno Aguiar

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site

Just update my N4 to 5.1 and this issue seems to be a bit better.

Not really fluid anyhow, but at least I less than 5s to open the call screen.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site

It's sad when the best answer is inconvenient. I have a Nexus 5 and when I installed Android 5.0 I did a factory restore. All but two of my apps were restored from back up and I lost one contact. It was sure worth downloading two apps again and re-entering one contact.

I don't make phone calls, I'm deaf, but I have less than a second delay at calling up contacts, selecting a contact, and getting the screen to send a txt message.

What you're experiencing is not normal for Nexus or for Android.

octopusmacaw

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site

The solution for me was removing the LinkedIn app...

It spawned a whole bunch of duplicated contacts (10x at least) for each and every one of my linkedin contacts, of which I had like 1000
So I had to delete the app, delete all my contacts, and re-sync them from google etc. but now it's working great. If you don't have all your contacts associated with a google account or something, you might want to back some up to the SD card, but be careful not to get all those duplicated LinkedIn contacts!! You can see if you have any contacts on your phone itself but looking in contacts --> settings --> contacts --> contacts to display and choosing device only. See if there are any in there. Then you can go back in and set to "All" again when you are done.

And a side note is that my phone is going much faster than before now as well for all tasks. That LinkedIn app was a real dog, would have liked if it worked better.

Adam Zapel

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
I had the same issue...tried to wipe the cache but made no difference. I went into the call logs and did a select all then delete all my calling history and bingo...back to normal speed

derrickw7

Oct 8, 2016
Visit site
For me here was the solution:

1. Open Application Manager (from Settings)

2. select Contacts

3. select Permissions

4. remove "Your Location"

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae