The Lollipop 5.0.2 update screwed my email sync - reinstalled, now won't set up. What can I do?

Mag M

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
Lollipop 5.0.2 update screwed my email sync - reinstalled, now won't set up

Nexus 7, 2013. I'm another victim of the latest Android update - 5.0.2, which apparently is creating syncing issues. All my email apps are affected - sunc/authentication/login/handshake issues. I deleted my email app, tried setting up and it won't even set up now - at least I was still receiving before I deleted it. My gmail won't sync my local email either.

While trying to follow someone's advise to disable/force stop Google Play to help I also deleted my icon and can't get it back. That didn't help anyway. It's on, enabled, but not in app drawer or on my home screen.

If someone can help me with the sync issue and the icon both I'd appreciate it.

I'm so sick of being forced to get these updates - why isn't there a way of stopping this, or asking permission first? !

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Lollipop 5.0.2 update screwed my email sync - reinstalled, now won't set up

Welcome to Android Central! Try wiping the cache partition: http://forums.androidcentral.com/go...e-nexus-7-2012-2013-cache-partition-wipe.html.

If that doesn't work, you might want to try reflashing the factory image: How to manually update your Nexus | Android Central. Find the firmware here: https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images.

Unfortunately, Google can't satisfy everyone. On the one hand, people almost always clamor for the latest updates, and it's important for as many devices to be updated as possible in order to minimize fragmentation. On the other hand, the nature of updates (having to go through the manufacturer and the carrier in order to make sure the update works with all manner of hardware and customized software) makes bugs inevitable, and you have an equally vocal group of people demanding a way to refuse or roll back an update.

After updates, I customarily wipe the cache partition, which tends to minimize issues for me. There are plenty of people who go further and do a full factory reset after an update, which might be worth trying for you.

kgbergeron1

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
I am having the same problem with my Samsung Note 3, I haven't removed the account as I am afraid of not being able to set it back up. Any thoughts on how to solve my sync issues? The settings show the sync is on, but when I go into accounts the menu shows that sync is turned off. Thanks in advance!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles