On my Galaxy S4 after upgrading to Lollipop, why has the voice quality gone down?

Javier03

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Galaxy S4 after upgrading to Lollipop.....

Hi, I'm a new member here and I hope I can all my questions answered in this amazing website. Well, to begin...I own a galaxy S4 unlocked from AT&T and it's currently working with MetroPCS. When I first got it, Android 4.4.2 was the OS it was running. It was working pretty fine, no problems at all. Recently I downloaded android L (5.0.1) to my phone, it upgraded successfully.

After some minutes I notice that the voice quality from the what's app voice notes and snapchat videos I record sound a little crappy now. I mean, they used to be crispy clear and everything, and now after I upgraded to Lollipop the quality is way worse. If I record something with the voice recorder app in high quality stereo it sounds crispy clear,.... just like it used to be on my snapchat and what's app's voice quality.

Does this have to do with something about Android Lollipop? or compatibility issues with what's app and snapchat towards Android L? I haven't tried looking at someone else's Galaxy S4 with Lollipop on them and doing a voice note on whats app or a video on snapchat. ... on their GS4.

I hope someone could understand and tell me what's wrong with this.

ZSSchulze

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S4 after upgrading to Lollipop.....

This actually may be more related to the apps them selves. And them needing more fine tweaking on the developer side of the house. I doubt its an issue with your phone or lollipop

Javier03

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S4 after upgrading to Lollipop.....

I have tought about that as well, maybe the compatibility they have towards GS4's Lollipop database may need a little tweaking on the sound settings, I also havent seen any updates from snapchat or whatsapp after upgrading to Lollipop.

Thanks for your reply.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrystalLewis