Since my S4 updated to Lollipop, why do I get the error message Unfortunately Clock has stopped.?

A

AC Question

S4 Lollipop: Unfortunately Clock has stopped.

Ever since that stupid update I get "Unfortunately Clock has stopped" whenever I try to open my clock to set alarms. I use timers and alarms for work all the time so this is a pain in the **** to run into this. I have tried clearing the cache in the App Management, cleared my cache partition and tried the app in Safe mode and I still have problems.

Planehopr

May 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: S4 Lollipop: Unfortunately Clock has stopped.

***********Update*************POSSIBLE SOLUTION

5/9/2015

I just called Verizon Wireless tech support back. The guy had seen this problem once before and found a fix for it. I haven't seen this fix posted on any website, but it worked immediately. Please let me know if this works for you

Go to Settings--Date and Time--Select Date Format, and then choose a date format. Once I picked 'regional' the clock worked without the error "unfortunately, clock has stopped"

Before I tried clearing cache and doing a factory reset You don't have to do this if this "choose date format" works. Please comment and let me know if this helped you. I'm curious if this will work across the board. Maybe even for phones other than Samsung Galaxy S4. I'm stoked!

anon(41073)

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: S4 Lollipop: Unfortunately Clock has stopped.

***********Update*************POSSIBLE SOLUTION

5/9/2015

I just called Verizon Wireless tech support back. The guy had seen this problem once before and found a fix for it. I haven't seen this fix posted on any website, but it worked immediately. Please let me know if this works for you

Go to Settings--Date and Time--Select Date Format, and then choose a date format. Once I picked 'regional' the clock worked without the error "unfortunately, clock has stopped"

Before I tried clearing cache and doing a factory reset You don't have to do this if this "choose date format" works. Please comment and let me know if this helped you. I'm curious if this will work across the board. Maybe even for phones other than Samsung Galaxy S4. I'm stoked!

Thanks, this also worked for my I337 on AT&T.

Planehopr

May 9, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad I was able to help you. I was so frustrated that there wasn't anything posted online with this "fix." I have since posted this message to 6 boards so that it can hopefully help others. I was so depressed and pulling my hair out yesterday when I couldn't get the clock to work.

J Odis Boatman

May 16, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem. Cleared cache, restarted multiple times and still had the problem.

Thought that I would check online for a solution. This thread is what I looked at first and it worked for me. Nice. Glad that I didn't endure the factory reset, go and download the apps all over again... Not to mention the 3 hours to go through the Software Update as well.

:cool:

carbonlife

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
I created an account for the sole purpose of saying THANK YOU! I'm on the Fido network in Canada and this worked for me, I tried everything else. Cheers mate!:D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463