How can I hide sensitive content on the lock screen?

GoldenMolden

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
Hiding sensitive content on lock screen

I have a Verizon Galaxy S5 with Lollipop. I'm using the Samsung Messages app that came stock on the phone.

Why does the content of text messages continue to show on the lock screen when I have "hide sensitive content . . . " set to "on" within the app itself?

I've set other apps to hide sensitive content and when an update appears on the lock screen it says "content not shown" or something like that. When I get a text message it shows at least the first line of the message on the lock screen.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Hiding sensitive content on lock screen

Ok, just to be sure--you've actually designated the Messaging app to be sensitive information, right?

GoldenMolden

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site

Yes. In Menu/Sound and notification/Notification/While locked, I have it set to "Show all content". Then in the Messages app itself, I have the "Sensitive" option set to "on".

If I change the "While locked" option to "Hide sensitive content" it hides all app notifications and doesn't give an option to hide or show sensitive content in any app themselves.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

On my Nexus 5, the place to select which apps are considered Sensitive on the lockscreen is in Settings>Sound & Notification>App Notifications. Do you have that menu? These are in the main System Settings, not the app's own settings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke