My email sync (POP and Gmail) is off after upgrade to 5.0, how can I turn it back on?

Don Root

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
My email sync (POP and Gmail) is off after upgrade to 5.0

I've got a Galaxy S5 (SM-G900V) that recently was upgraded to Android 5.0. After the upgrade I now have to manually retrieve email from both my gmail and pop accounts. Power saving modes are off. Any ideas?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: My email sync (POP and Gmail) is off after upgrade to 5.0

Welcome to Android Central! Is the Gmail coming into the stock Email app, or are you using the standalone Gmail app, which also isn't syncing?

If it's all within the stock Email app, open it, tap Menu>Settings, and select an email account. Make sure the sync settings are anything besides "Manual."

ToddClark

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site

same thing is happening here. My son and i both have LG G3's. They both updated to lollipop a couple of weeks ago. I hadnt noticed cus im usually on my laptop, but my son asked me about it, and now that ive checked, its happening on mine. For US, its just not pushing it over Wi-Fi (gmail here), but as soon as i pull out of the driveway in the mornings and leave for work, BAM, i get all my email from overnight as soon as it hit the 4G service. His is the same way. We have 4 phones in the house, the other two are an S4 and a Note2, neither of those devices are having any issues with this, only our G3's, and ONLY since the upgrade.

Don Root

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central! Is the Gmail coming into the stock Email app, or are you using the standalone Gmail app, which also isn't syncing?

If it's all within the stock Email app, open it, tap Menu>Settings, and select an email account. Make sure the sync settings are anything besides "Manual."

Well, that did it. I went into the stock Gmail app and found the global sync setting there was off. Once turned on, both email apps are now working.
Thank you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles