When making a call to a person with multiple contact #'s, how do I turn off the default popup?

A

AC Question

when making a call to a person with multiple contact #

I upgraded to lollipop and now when I make a call to a person with multiple contact
# in my favorites list it will give me a display and It asks me to select "make as default" or "just once" I really don't want to do either and don't like having another item to click when I make a call - is there any way to disable this request. I found that if you make one of the numbers the default, then the next time you call the person - it doesn't give you a choice of which number to use. it makes t favorites list painful to use which takes away the benefit of having the person in the list.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: when making a call to a person with multiple contact #

I upgraded to lollipop and now when I make a call to a person with multiple contact
# in my favorites list it will give me a display and It asks me to select "make as default" or "just once" I really don't want to do either
There's no third possibility. Either you set it to always use that number of you don't. It's a yes/no kind of thing. There's no "read my mind" choice.

and don't like having another item to click when I make a call - is there any way to disable this request. I found that if you make one of the numbers the default, then the next time you call the person - it doesn't give you a choice of which number to use. it makes t favorites list painful to use which takes away the benefit of having the person in the list.
Which is why you have the Just Once choice.

You have 2 numbers for the person. You call the person. Which number would you like the phone to use? A random choice? It has to use one or the other, and the only way it can determine which one to use is if you tell it that time, or you tell it for every time. If you think it out, you'll realize that there's no other possibility. (If you can think of one, let Google know - I'm sure they'd be interested in hiring someone who can invent a new kind of logic.)

pws1

May 23, 2015
Visit site
It would seem to be a simple thing to make this a master setting in the phone application that you could turn on or off. When it's off you have the option to edit a contact and set a default number. I find having to press just once highly annoying.

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
If you click on their picture in Favorites, it will dial the default number. To call one of their alternate numbers, click on the '!' or name below the picture. That will pop up their list of numbers and you can call one of them from there.

MrRocco

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
You are missing the point. There is a third possibility. When you have a contact with more than one number and you click on that contact you are shown the numbers to choose from. You should be able to just click on the number you want to complete the call. Instead, you always get that annoying question of "mark as default or just once". I don't want to have to constantly answer that stupid question. If I wanted s deafualt number I would have gone that. Stop asking the question and dial the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech