Samsung S4 Lollipop 5.0 problems, why isn't Touch Whiz working?

A

AC Question

Samsung S4 Lollipop 5.0 problems

Does any one else have problems with Touch Whiz not allowing you to put apps or widgets on pages? I did the update, then my calendar disappeared as well as a few of my apps from my home page. When I try to put them back on, Touch Whiz comes up saying it has stopped working. Any ideas?

Josiah23

Q&A Team
Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
Re: Samsung S4 Lollipop 5.0 problems

Yea, I ran across this with my S5. I went to setting-applications-application manager-All and scrolled all the way down to TouchWiz home and cleard the data. You can try clearing cache in recovery mode and you can also do a factory reset (which will delete everything, so I recommend doing a backup).

Sent from Mr. Mobile Nations using a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5

Gartholameau

May 10, 2015
Visit site
Re: Samsung S4 Lollipop 5.0 problems

You can also try booting your S4 into Safe Mode.
1. Power down your S4 smart phone.
2. Power up the S4 and when you see the initial Logo press and hold the Volume Down button until you see the login screen.
3. If you did it right you should see Safe Mode showing in the bottom left corner.
4. Leave it in Safe Mode for 2-3 hours and then power down and restart normally. Your downloaded apps will NOT work in Safe Mode.
This helped me to reset some items stuck in memory and allowed my Scanview Pro software to start working again.
All my data and apps were intact and functioning after rebooting. Hopefully this will work for you also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36