I have an S4. Since Lollipop I cannot close tabs or use my bookmarks on Internet Explorer, why is this?

A

AC Question

i have an S4. Since lollipop I cannot close tabs or use my bookmarks on Internet Explorer

S4 recently did an update to Lollipop. Now when I tap upper right corner that shows number of tabs open all tabs would appear with a small red minus sign in a small circle. I uzed to ba able to press these minus symbols to close that tab. I could also chose to open new tab. Now nothing works.
Also, when I tap on the bookmarks flag I can see all my bookmarks but when I choose one it simply refreshes current URL and does not open my bookmark.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: i have an S4. Since lollipop I cannot close tabs or use my bookmarks on Internet Explorer

Welcome to Android Central! I assume this is on the stock Internet browser, right? (Internet Explorer specifically refers to Microsoft's browser, which is not available on Android.)

What happens when you tap those minus symbols--absolutely nothing? Can you swipe the tabs away instead?

Try going to the App Manager, select Internet, and Clear Cache. If that doesn't help, then try wiping the system cache partition: http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-5744