Why is my battery life so poor after upgrading my Nexus 5 to 5.1?

A

AC Question

Problems with Nexus 5 after update to 5.1

My phone now has a very short battery life. If I try to take pictures or a video the phone will drain so fast and shut off, the pics or video are lost. If I am on Facebook and I open a news story and it has a video clip in it, my phone will shut off. This happens no matter what I am doing. I have to have it plugged in at all times or I can't use it. The battery will last if I just have the phone with me, not using it.
Then when I try to turn it back on, if it is not plugged in, it will not turn on, I have to plug it in and then turn it on, but then sometimes it goes into an optimizing apps thing and it will count from 1-110 or sometimes 130 the number of apps it is optimizing is random. And sometimes it doesn't even get through that before shutting down.
The odd thing is, after it shuts down due to battery loss, it charges so fast after I plug it in. I have had the phone since Dec 2013. I have seen others with this issue as well. Can I go back to 5.0? And if so, how?
Thank you!!
Veronica

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Problems with Nexus 5 after update to 5.1

Welcome to Android Central.

Fast discharging and recharging are signs of a battery that needs replacing. I don't think that the update has anything to do with it....although a Cache Partition wipe is worth doing after an update. First though, I think you will need to get the battery tested and if necessary, replaced.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma