Should I go for Lollipop 5.0.1? (GS4 I9500)

loshmi2015

May 20, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys.
My GS4 is currently on 4.2.2 stock rooted, so I just wanna make sure if I can update it to official 5.0.1 (or should I take advantage of root and go for custom?). Not long ago have I screwed up something when I did the exact same thing. Only it was actually 5.0.1 (beta version, without gapps) then and I did everything properly, my phone had about 80% battery life and there was no problems with the connection, I put the file from Sammobile, but when I started to flash it, it just said "Fail" and soft-bricked my phone. It was repaired and returned to 4.2.2 but with root (maybe there was no other option but to root it, god I hate root).
So my question is: should I risk it again? It could have been a bad file after all, or maybe conflict between the 2 firmware. I mean I love Lollipop so much because of its Material Design and new functions and simplicity, I don't want to ditch it while my friends didn't.

sheryltoo

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
I personally don't like lollipop and came here trying to figure out how to reset my phone back to an earlier version, one that never gave me any problems.