Bluetooth Control Issue with Galaxy S4 & Lollipop

Connie M

May 20, 2015
Visit site
I recently upgraded to the new lollipop software on my Galaxy S4 but now I cannot control Pandora or any other music apps like Rhapsody from my bluetooth in my car. I used to be able to skip tracks using the controls on my car and the app would start on its own when my car started but now it won't do either of these. I have disconnected my bluetooth and recreated the connection on my car but it still won't work. I have to now unlock my phone and skip the track when I'm in my car which is inconvenient when driving.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Check with the car dealership service department to see if they have a firmware upgrade for the car audio system.

Bluetooth specifies a pipe, it doesn't specify what flows through it. So if Android changes the format of the data, any devices using the phone, or used by the phone, have to use the changed data format. Bluetooth will still connect (it's like the pipe still has the same threads on the ends) but the data won't "mesh" (like the ketchup pipe now dispensing milk - you want to change the hamburger that got the ketchup to a glass to get the milk).