I can't get out of MTP mode when usb is connected, how can I move from this?

Garrett Smith3

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
I can't get out of MTP mode when usb is connected

When I connect my phone to my pc over usb, I see a notification stating "Media device [MTP] connected". I need to change this setting because I am having issues with my device not being recognized by Android Studio. Here is the common method to changing this setting:

Settings -> Storage -> USB Computer Connection (3 dot menu at the top menu bar)

However, my device does not have this 3 dot menu. Instead, it is just a search button. So, where do I change this setting? I would like to change it from mtp to ptp. I have an HTC One, and the Android Version is 5.0.2. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: I can't get out of MTP mode when usb is connected

When I connect my phone to my pc over usb, I see a notification stating "Media device [MTP] connected". I need to change this setting because I am having issues with my device not being recognized by Android Studio. Here is the common method to changing this setting:

Settings -> Storage -> USB Computer Connection (3 dot menu at the top menu bar)

However, my device does not have this 3 dot menu. Instead, it is just a search button. So, where do I change this setting? I would like to change it from mtp to ptp. I have an HTC One, and the Android Version is 5.0.2. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I don't have an HTC phone and don't know what PTP is, but this might help. While you're connected, pull down the notification shade and click on the connected message. If there is anything else to switch to, it should let you select it.

Garrett Smith3

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for the response. When I click on "Media device MTP connected" nothing happens. All I know is that since I am in MTP mode, Android Studio won't recognize my phone. If anyone has any other ideas, please let me know.

DLK1

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site

Not totally sure about this but if you go to Settings then scroll to the bottom, you should see the Developer Options, tap this go down to you see Debugging heading there should be a USB Debugging option is it turned on? If not turn it on and see if that gives you the (3 dot menu at the top menu bar). If you do not have a developer options then check this site for info on turning that on. Basics-how-turn-developer-settings .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome