Gmail delete not always working

sepandee

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if this is limited to my hotmail account on my Gmail mail app, or whether the Samsung native email app is also affected.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 and use the Gmail mail app for two accounts. Here's the scenario: I wake up, see in the notification bar that I have 15 hotmail emails, click on it and I'm taken to Gmail, I select the emails I don't want (several at a time) and press delete.

Then 5 minutes later, I get a new email and with it a new notification bar. And it shows the new email and most of the emails I deleted 5 minutes ago in my inbox. I have to delete the emails several times until it's finally deleted.

What gives?

AndyPopely

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
I had the same/similar problems when I upgraded to Lollipop 5.1.1. Things that no longer worked the same prior to the upgrade:-

1) Couldn't delete the email from the Notification screen at all or it took multiple delete attempts.

2) Getting repeat notifications for the same email.

3) Regularly getting "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly." when trying to sync Email/Contacts/Calendar from another system.

Everything seems to be back to normal after I upgraded Google security to "2-Step Verification" on my Gmail account.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non