Why doesn't the proximity sensor work on Moto X with Lollipop?

normalchildhood

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I just upgraded my 2013 Moto X to Lollipop. The proximity sensor used to work and now it doesn't seem to. I used to be able to wave my hand over the front of my phone and it would wake up so I could unlock it very easily. Now the phone doesn't seem to wake up unless I press the power button. Is there some setting I need to change to allow this or is this a weird Lollipop thing? So far I'm not too keen on Lollipop. :(

Android Adenoid

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I notice the same problem.

Lollipop does show me battery friendly notifications when I pick up or move the phone. But it doesn't show battery friendly notifications when I wave my hand (proximity) over the screen like it used to with KitKat.

I have checked both Moto Actions and Moto Display settings. No success.

h_b1985

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem, the proximity sensor doesn't seem to work on lollipop regardless of any setting you use.
as for battery life goes, I didn't notice any improvement. I was hoping this update can change the short battery life which unfortunately is not the case... :(

gary_p

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Ditto.

I have to actually move the phone, whereas in 4.x I could hover. Hovering is much less intrusive in, e.g. meetings. I'd love to get the hovering back.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463