After updating my Note 3 to Lollipop 5.0, 5GHz Wifi and Bluetooth don't work, how can I get them working again?

DrNinjaman

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
After updating my Note 3 to Lollipop 5.0, 5GHz Wifi and Bluetooth don't work

Note 3 is SM-N9005 Qualcomm international version.
Update was OTA official

After the update, phone has never even detected my router's 5.0 GHz band, which worked just fine on KitKat

Bluetooth problem initiated with my Gear dropping and not reconnecting without manual intervention. In the process of troubleshooting that, I forgot my Plantronic M90 headset which was working fine after the update and tried to re-pair the headset. Phone will not detect headset with the headset touching the phone. Does not matter if wifi is on or off, mobile data on or off, charging or not, visible to other devices or not. Phone will find the Gear Bluetooth signal, but that remains highly unstable also.

I have cleared the cache. I have done a factory reset. I am decidedly unhappy that my headset no longer works with the phone, when it had been working just fine previously.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: After updating my Note 3 to Lollipop 5.0, 5GHz Wifi and Bluetooth don't work

Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Wi-fi, tap Menu>Advanced, and tap Wi-fi Frequency Band. Make sure it's set to Automatic, and not just to 2.4 GHz.

Not sure what to do about the Bluetooth issues. You've already tried forgetting those devices, then re-pairing again?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma