Hotmail email account won't sync properly

Rigid

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys!!

Yes, I know hotmail is a little dated but I've grown quite used to it over the 10+ years I've used it and I forward everything to it. This issue started happening literally last night. I've had my LG G4 for about 2-3 weeks now with no problems until last night.

I went to check my emails and noticed only 3 unread emails appeared while all the other emails, read and unread, were gone. I've checked my sync period and its on push. I've removed my account and re-added it multiple times with using the automatic setup and manual setup in IMAP4 and POP3 variants as well. Every time I re-added it, it would only show about half a day's worth of emails or even less than that. New emails still go through however. Yes, the sync period is not set to 1 day, I changed it to 30 days every time.

POP3 gave the best results, syncing a month's worth of emails but marking them ALL as unread and POP3 doesn't even have push notifications. IMAP4 syncs the same emails as using the automatic or exchange variants. I've even tried rolling back on the exchange and email app updates and updating them again but this solves nothing. I did not change any settings to cause this hiccup in the email app until after this issue started happening.

Any tips would be appreciated :)

EDIT: Forgot to add the fact that I've tried adding another hotmail account using automatic setup and that works just fine! A bit of searching has told me that this issue has happened before to others, could this be a similar issue (on Microsoft's side?)

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173