How do I get back my wallpaper and lockscreen after format?

anon(5527120)

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Ok so I formatted my phone and installed a new CM 12.1 based custom rom. I was asked in the initial setup after logging into Google if I would like to get my Moto G2 settings back and how many apps I wanted back. Since I didn't want any apps (I had made a backup using titanium backup) I deselected all apps but was under the impression that I'd still be getting the settings, lockscreen and wallpaper back (I think that's how it was supposed to go) but I haven't got either back... I'm properly logged in to my Google account and everything so I don't know why it isn't working out...

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Wallpapers aren't stored on your account. I don't know what you mean by getting your lockscreen back; did you have some kind of custom setup?

anon(5527120)

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Wallpapers aren't stored on your account. I don't know what you mean by getting your lockscreen back; did you have some kind of custom setup?

Oh, but I've had an experience before where I entered my Google Account in the initial setup and my Home Wallpaper came back. Moreover the icons on the home screen were arranged just how they were before I formatted the phone...

anon(5527120)

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
In fact I remember there being grey icons of the apps on the home screen at the very locatio they used to be before the system format and they would be there till play store had downloaded all of them

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Apps can be restored at sign-in, yes, but you said you deselected that option. Your wallpaper isn't an app, though, it's an image. It's possible something changed in Lollipop and I don't know about it yet, but wallpaper didn't ever come over to a new device before.

anon(5527120)

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Apps can be restored at sign-in, yes, but you said you deselected that option. Your wallpaper isn't an app, though, it's an image. It's possible something changed in Lollipop and I don't know about it yet, but wallpaper didn't ever come over to a new device before.

I formatted the phone and in the initial setup I asked for all my apps to be restored. The apps did start downloading from the Play Store but space wasn't made for them at the home screen and the icons didn't appear... Will that happen only once the Google Now Launcher app has been downloaded? I'm planning to install a new ROM and I'll let you know how it goes...

anon(5527120)

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
I just flashed a new custom ROM (Resurrection Remix) and restored the Google now launcher from my titanium backup but the green android robot is appearing as the icon for some apps on the home screen (such as for WhatsApp and gmail).

I have tried clearing the cache, dalvik and reinstalling Google now launcher but it hasn't helped so far... I know I can drag and drop the icons from the app drawer but that would be a headache and i think something might be seriously wrong for the app icons to be displayed like this. Any quick fix?

508a7073703d958e781f2eed60a3d801.jpg