S6 edge email WIDGET constantly trying to sync?

eb2phkingood

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
When i placed the email widget on my home screen it never updates the emails on its own. I will receive a beep that I've got a new email, but the widget itself will not automatically show the new email on the home screen widget. Thus on the home screen they added the "sync" button. Problem is, when I click sync, it does in fact sync and show the latest emails on my widget, however, the sync keeps circling and circling and never goes away. Even if I go into the smart manager and "kill" the ram for email sync, it immediately pops right back up.

So I guess my 2 questions are:

1) is there a way to get it to stop constantly trying to sync after I've hit the sync button and the emails have already been retrieved?

2) is there a way to avoid using the sync button and just get the new emails to show directly up on the widget much like my gmail widget does? (the problem email is my schools outlook email but I also noticed it does it with a yahoo email as well)

Tried clearing the cache via power button volume button home button and starting it up in safe mode and clearing cache partition. Email IS SET TO PUSH. I get the email notifications instantly. But the widget does NOT update. And when I press sync to update the widget, it then syncs forever.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Assuming the email account is IMAP, not POP3, set your email app to never sync. Then the email server will push emails to your phone as they arrive.

eb2phkingood

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
It is set to push emails. I get them instantly with a beep notification. However, the widget does not update on the homescreen with the new messages. So i press the sync button so that it will show the new message and it then syncs forever....