Email contacts displayed in phone listing, can't remove. How can I get rid of them?

A

AC Question

Email contacts displayed in phone listing, can't remove.

After down loading 5.1 all my contacts in my gmai accountl appear in my phone listing, including email addresses. I don't want to scroll through all that to get to a phone number. I tried creating a new contact folder in gmail to move the email addresses out of "My Contacts", which I have been told populates the phone listing. It didn't work. I tried selecting a customized view in the "Contacts App". Still nothing changed. If I delete the email contact from my phone, it also disappears in gmail. This really sucks! I'm close to buying an iPhone to eliminate dealing with this garbage.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Email contacts displayed in phone listing, can't remove.

Welcome to Android Central! Which phone do you have? Some Contacts apps have an option to display only contacts with a phone number (like my Zenfone 2).

bela toth

Jun 6, 2016
Visit site

After down loading 5.1 all my contacts in my gmai accountl appear in my phone listing, including email addresses. I don't want to scroll through all that to get to a phone number. I tried creating a new contact folder in gmail to move the email addresses out of "My Contacts", which I have been told populates the phone listing. It didn't work. I tried selecting a customized view in the "Contacts App". Still nothing changed. If I delete the email contact from my phone, it also disappears in gmail. This really sucks! I'm close to buying an iPhone to eliminate dealing with this garbage.

bela toth

Jun 6, 2016
Visit site

I have the same issue. Did you figure it out , how can only phone numbers displayed in contacts.?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11