My 'Alarm' won't speak the name of the alarm.

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy s5. I recently updated to Lollipop. Now, my alarms (in the factory app "Clock") won't speak what I 'named' the alarm when it goes off. It did before the update and I rather liked that function. Now I can't figure out how to get it to start speaking whatever I named the alarm. Please help?

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Huh? You named alarms? For example you have a alarm set for 7am and you used to name that? I don't understand.

Yes, I set an alarm, say 3:30 and name it "Doctor's Appointment". It would start with the ringtone I would set, then pause and speak out the name of the alarm and the time "Doctor's Appointment at 3:30". Was actually very nice and I became very used to it.

Mojave

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Try S voice---settings-----voice wake up. Hope this is what you are looking for.

Posted via Android Central App

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Try S voice---settings-----voice wake up. Hope this is what you are looking for.
Posted via Android Central App

Thanks, but that didn't fix my problem. :( I'm just used to my Android speaking to me in a females voice. Whatever I named the alarm, it would play the ringtone, then speak (in a females voice) whatever I named the alarm, then would continue with the ringtone I selected for the Alarm (In the Clock app) when the alarm would go off.

captamrica

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
Guess you never got an answer on this one. I had the same thing only it was when I upgraded to S7 from my S5. I really miss that function. I posted an inquiry asking about this a year or so ago and all I got was some ridicule over it. I'm glad to hear someone else knew about this function. Seems the Android Community isn't as well as informed as we thought. At least those who read these Posts, lol.

ReeceOlivers

Aug 28, 2017
Visit site
Guess you never got an answer on this one. I had the same thing only it was when I upgraded to S7 from my S5. I really miss that function. I posted an inquiry asking about this a year or so ago and all I got was some ridicule over it. I'm glad to hear someone else knew about this function. Seems the Android Community isn't as well as informed as we thought. At least those who read these Posts, lol.

They took the option off because they are pushing the personal assistant Bixby.

Paul McQuesten

Nov 12, 2018
Visit site
I, too, miss announcing the alarm name very much.
Pushing Bixby when it is missing this simple feature would seem to indicate a complete lack of understanding what users want.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC