How do I sell my phone - Device Protection Headache!

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
So the last time I tried selling my phone, took the cash from the guy and he left, he didn't have time to test the device at my place that it's working and he didn't bother since it's in brand new condition.

Next day while I'm at the movies, he calls me and tells me that the phone is asking him to sign in with the account that was previously synced to this device so he asked me for my email and password. My mistake was, I changed the password to something easy then gave it to him. He then tried to login but it would tell him to sign in with the account that was previously synced but this IS the account. That's when I learned that I shouldn't have changed my password as it would lock the device for 72 hous.

Now that the 72 hours have lapsed, I was able to login to the phone using my email and new password. But how do I sell it? how do I remove all this protection BS and make it in such a way that after a factory reset, the new owner can login with his account?

supritdt

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
Guys no need for hammering the phone .
There must be some link into your email accnt that set the phone's device protection as authorized to use your accnt login

treetopsranch

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I haven't found that link you mentioned and on my tablet my email account is always active. I never have to log in. There is no logout icon. (Gmail) I consider that dangerous. Especially if the tablet is stolen.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2