Why can't I choose the network operator manually on Wiko Fever / Android 5.1?

frontierman

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
Can't choose network operator manually on Wiko Fever / Android 5.1

I live near a frontier in the overlap region of German and Swiss network operators. On my new Wiko Fever / Android 5.1, I can choose a network operator for each of the 2 SIMs as usual in Android:
menu
Settting > More > Cellular Networks > Network Operators > [choice of my home operator]
The cellphone switches to the chosen operator but only temporarily - most often the phone switches by itself into roaming after some minutes, even if one does not change location and the home network operator is definitively available. This is fatal in a frontier region as one too often falls into costly roaming!!
The Wiko hotline is not helpful at all. Does anyone know a workaround?
BTW, the "data roaming" switch for each SIM card seems to work as it should. My problem concerns voice roaming / choice of network operator.

tuyog18

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
Re: Can't choose network operator manually on Wiko Fever / Android 5.1

kindly check the settings on roaming or else your remaining airtime balance was deducted by tour service provider. what is your service providers name?

tuyog18

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site

kindly check the settings on roaming or else your remaining airtime balance was deducted by tour service provider. what is your service providers name?
or kindly call the costumer service number

frontierman

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site

My operators: o2 Germany on SIM1 and yallo Switzerland on SIM2
Settings for Roaming: Data Roaming is off for both SIM-cards
Home network operator for each SIM card selected via the menu point "Search networks".
The manual choice works but not permanently, only temporarily.
SIM cards are operational and worked in the same setup in my previous dual-SIM Huawei (Android4) cellphone which is broken now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11