Voice Dialer won't activate using car steering wheel buttons

VZTRT

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
Hi Everyone.

So this seems to have happened with Android 5 (as the wifes phone does this after she went to v5).

Previously I could activate the voice dialer on a number of older Android phones by pressing a button twice on the steering wheel of my cars (and a previous car with essentially the same system). Now with two phones that are running the android 5 system (LG G3 and HTC M8) this won't activate and the car screen says that voice tags have failed.

I would say that it uses the same system as a bluetooth headset, but I haven't tried one as I only need this functionality when I'm driving (as its a $700 fine to touch your phone in my state of Australia).

Funny enough I can still answer calls and redial with the phone but to get the voice dialer to activate just won;t happen.

I have google searched this and sorta found a fix but its not really robust. I could try screaming ok google at the phone but sometime the phone won't register and again not a robust soultion. Android Auto doesn't really fix this. Unless I get the phone to mirror itself on my touchscreen I haven't been able to solve this and I can't work out why this functionality is no longer working or has been removed.

I really don't want to touch the phone when I'm driving because the Police are not interested other then giving you a ticket to help the government.

Has anyone had this issue with this and if there is a soultion...or have I missed something in the settings to get this to activate?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech