Why does Candy Crush say that my device isn't compatible with its version?

mzznikki

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
why does candy crush say that my device isn't compatible with its version?

I have a LG Power LGL22c phone running 5.1 . I have had candy crush on my phone forever. I backed up my data from my SD card and erased it and unmounted it. It's been saying that ever since. Help

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: why does candy crush say that my device isn't compatible with its version?

Was the app installed on the SD card? Sometimes app devs either choose to flag certain devices as incompatible either because they actually tested them and found bugs or because they tested them elsewhere and prefer not to make claims on other devices, or because they simply forgot to add them to the compatible list. If you had the app installed before, an older version might have been compatible with your phone, but after you delete it/uninstall it, if the new version is flagged as incompatible, the Play Store won't let you install it in your device, unfortunately (if this is the case, the app should have stopped updating from any update version that started to show up as incompatible).

If this is recent (an update released within a few days) you can let the dev know and they can probably add your model to the compatible list if they think it's 'safe', or at least you'd get an answer as to why it's now incompatible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC