Is it impossible to fix ?

Mistofeles

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Is it impossible for Google to build and install small fixes to Android ?

Most users would be pleased, if there was a patch to fix the infamous 'feature' in Lollipop, which prevents us to use our SD cards.
Otherwise Kitkat is good enough for most users I know and most have found no Important differences between Kitkat, Lollipop and Marshmallow.

-" We are still waiting for the update, which was promised six months ago to Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0.
Is the problem in Samsung politics, laboratories, bloatware or in the Android itself ?
We already know that Google has made errors in Android so that it is hard to make small updates and fixes.
It would be enough to get a patch to the infamous stupid 'feature', which prevents us to use our SD cards."

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Every Android device, other than Google's own Nexus lineup, has an OS customized by the manufacturer and it is that manufacturer (Samsung, in this case) which controls the timing, content, etc., of OS updates.

Add to that the fact that most all major carriers (AT&T, Verizon, et al) add their own "feature set" to the OS and impose their will on OS updates as well.

That's why I have been a Nexus user for the last several years - Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 6, and now Nexus 6P. The only one I need to wait on is Google.